Prysmian Downhole Technology
Integrated solutions for the toughest downhole applications
PDT is uniquely positioned to offer solutions to all your downhole needs.
Formed by the integration of two industries pioneers, Draka - who developed the world's first tubing encapsulated cable (TEC) over thirty years ago - and Gulf Coast Downhole Technologies (GCDT) - who specialise in meeting the challenges of the operator and oil field service companies - PDT has the products, design expertise and manufacturing capabilities to meet applications ranging from conventional systems to the most demanding applications.
The Prysmian Downhole Cable portfolio is the result of decades of innovation since the company developed the world’s first Tubing Encapsulated Cable (TEC) in 1987.
Today PDT can meet your downhole cabling needs with a range of fit-for-purpose designs that are manufactured to the highest possible standards. The portfolio includes:
- Downhole Cables: TEC (Instrumentation, Power), TEF (Fibre Optic) and Hybrid cables
- Protectors: Clamping and Cable Protection solutions
- Control Lines: Cables for harsh environment applications such as chemical injection or well monitoring
- Flatpacks: Single and dual pass encapsulation featuring Prysmian Safety-Strip® technology
- Services & Ancillaries: Flush & Fill, Fluid Cleanliness & Protector Product Interface Testing, Customer Inventory Management
TEC (Instrumentation and Power Cables)
TEF (Fibre Optic Cables)
PDT’s Protector portfolio includes clamping and cable protection solutions to protect cables from lateral, axial, and rotational loading in downhole applications.
Accessories & Services
- NAS/SAE Hydraulic Fluid Services
- Flush & Fill Services
- Fluid Cleanliness Inspection
- Cable End Preparation
- Junction Box installation / termination
- Cable and Control Line Refurbishment
- Electrical Testing
- Line Disposal
- Pressure Testing
- System Interface Testing
- PDT can ensure the proper fit and function of downhole cable protectors with the associated cables using our in-house testing equipment.
- Custom Spools
- Shipping Skids design to meet a customer’s specific requirements
- Hydraulic and Electrical Splices